1. UNDERSTANDING INVESTOR REQUIREMENTS
ISIPA aims at converting investment inquiries into realized projects. In view of this, we endeavor to gain full and accurate understanding of an investor’s requirements through meticulous review of every proposal.
2. EXPECTED PROJECT INFORMATION
Investment information expected from the proposal include:
• Name of investing organization.
• Name and details of key contacts in the firm.
• Location and country of potential investor.
• Value of investment.
• Number of jobs that will be created from the investment.
• Sector of the investment.
• Detailed description of the project.
• FDI track record of the company.
• Sales and growth of the company, and its financial position.
• Evidence of capability to handle the project.
• Source of the funding.
3. PROJECT EVALUATION
ISIPA conducts due diligent search and assessment on investor to evaluate ability to embark on the project.
4. INVESTOR INVITATION
Successfully screened investor’s “letter of Intent” or “Expression of Interest Letter” will be submitted to His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Imo State for further deliberations. Upon approval by the Governor, a letter of invitation will be issued to the investor to visit Imo State for final screening and discussion with the Director General of Imo State Investment Promotion Agency – ISIPA and eventually the State Governor.
5. POTENTIAL INVESTOR VISIT IMO STATE FOR PROJECT PRESENTATION
Presentation is made by investor before ISIPA Director General and Imo Investment committee, to deliver the features, benefits and proofs of capacity to carry out the project. Project details and other necessary documents are submitted for visit at the government house.
6. VISIT TO GOVERNMENT HOUSE
Investor is introduced to the Governor for final presentation, consideration and ultimate approval by the governor.
7. SITE VISITATION
• ISIPA agrees with investing company on site visit date and key objectives of the visit.
• Investor visits allocated site, examines and affirms satisfaction with allocated site.
• ISIPA commences full investment facilitation.
8. INVESTMENT FACILITATION SERVICES
Investor having approved allocated site and affirmed satisfaction with the incentives. ISIPA “One-Stop-Center” commence full investment facilitation which cover a range of regulatory requirements like permits and license applications and all administrative tasks necessary to establish and operate a business in Imo. Other ISIPA value-added services include: • Property ownership issues.
• Labor employment and related legal issues.
• Availability of skilled work force issues.
• Productivity/profit issues.
• Technical/support issues.
• Logistics issues.
• Work permits/entry permits.
• Transport linkages.
• Environmental impact assessments.